November 14, 2012
University of Maryland, School of Nursing
Environmental Excellence in Health Care is a leading annual conference hosted by Maryland Hospitals for a Healthy Environment and the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Register online today: http://nursing.umaryland.edu/events/environmental/registration.php
At this, our fifth conference, regional and national health care professionals, environmental industry experts, and educators will come together for learning and networking opportunities designed to showcase innovative and collaborative successes and best practices. Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- Opening panel discussion, “Collaborative Leadership – It Takes a Team,” featuring senior management personnel from Anne Arundel Medical Center and the University of Maryland Medical Center
- Innovative and timely breakout sessions on topics including:
Engaging Staff and Community
Leading for Healthy Change
Providing Healthy Foods and Community Benefits
Creating Plans and Roadmaps
Reducing Toxic Exposures
Preparing for Climate Change
- Trailblazer Awards, presented to Maryland hospitals that serve as models for other hospitals and demonstrate leadership in advancing sustainability
- Integrated Pest Management Awards, presented to a Maryland hospital that has developed and implemented comprehensive IPM programs
- Nursing Leadership in Environmental Health Award, presented to a nurse in Maryland who displays leadership and exemplifies excellence in environmental health and sustainability
Up to 4.5 Continuing Nursing Education hours available!
The University of Maryland School of Nursing Office of Professional Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
View the conference schedule to learn more: