For your holiday enjoyment, here is the MD H2E Sustainable Food Newsletter – 2010 Holiday Issue. This is section 2 of our two-part end-of-the-year newsletter, with section 1, entitled 2010 Growing Season Wrap Up, released just 2 weeks ago and posted here on our MD H2E website.
Here are the latest stories featured in this issue:
- Good Samaritan Hospital & Union Hospital captivate conference attendees with healthy food initiatives
- Carroll Hospital Center & Union Hospital serve local sustainable Thanksgiving turkey
- This story includes a breakdown of purchasing details and employee feedback
- Chefs from Harford Memorial Hospital & Sinai Hospital work with local restaurant to prepare conference food
- Why buy local sustainable turkey
- Voices from health care on healthier foods
- Casey Starshine, hospice nurse, clinical faculty member, practicum student with MD H2E
- Mindy Athas, clinical dietitian at University of Maryland Medical Center
- New staff and consultants at MD H2E
- Plus MANY important upcoming events in the New Year!
Please join us in welcoming our newest staff member to MD H2E, Priya Saha, BSN, RN, who is now working with our Healthy Food in Health Care program to provide you with support on your local sustainable meat and poultry purchasing initiatives in 2011.
Also, please welcome communications consultant Renee Catacalos and agricultural marketing and production consultant Ginger Myers, who are also working with us at MD H2E to support you in promoting and implementing your local sustainable meat and poultry purchasing initiatives in 2011.
We hope you enjoy this newsletter … and have a safe and happy holiday!