MD H2E annually gives its Trailblazer Award to Maryland hospitals that have shown leadership in advancing sustainability in a particular area or areas of their operations. The winners are all strong models for other hospitals, blazing the trail of sustainable health care by reducing their environmental footprint and raising the bar on achieving improved results.
Each 2011 award winner was presented with a Trailblazer Award at MD H2E’s annual November conference, Environmental Excellence in Health Care: Measuring Success.
The 2011 Trailblazer winners are:
Click on each hospital to learn more about their award-winning green initiatives.
Each awarded hospital hosts an educational event highlighting their sustainable successes and showing how YOU can do it too! Below is the MD H2E Trailblazer Event Calendar and presentations from the events:
- ENERGY CONSERVATION – Trailblazer Presentations: EnerNOC Demand Response Program – Campus Lighting Conservation – Energy Management – BGE Smart Energy Savers Program
University of Maryland Medical Center with BGE – March 1, 9-11am
- SUSTAINABLE FOODS – Video soon to come!
Union Hospital of Cecil County – March 22, 11am-1pm
- GREENING THE SURGICAL SERVICES – Trailblazer Presentation
Anne Arundel Medical Center with Practice Greenhealth – April 27, 11:30am-1:30pm
- TRACKING AND MEASURING SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAMS – Trailblazer Presentation
Carroll Hospital Center – May 15th, 10am – 12pm
- EMPLOYEE/COMMUNITY GARDEN
Good Samaritan Hospital – June 19, 1-3pm