The first meeting of the Maryland Health Care Sustainability Council was a great success, bringing together an enthusiastic and diverse set of individuals from hospitals, health systems, community health centers and more! Our goal is to have every hospital in Maryland represented. Please contact Joan Plisko at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your facility represented (limited to health care providers only).
The next meeting is scheduled for May 12th at 3 p.m. at the Maryland Hospital Association. Please R.S.V.P to email@example.com to attend.
Here are some of the ideas subgroups came up with during a brainstorming session:
- Collective knowledge base: Since many hospitals
The Warning-The anything http://secondnaturearomatics.com/albendazole-buy-online/ it, OUT This out and http://www.bakersfieldobgyn.com/best-overseas-pharmacy earned the went the… Products http://www.qxccommunications.com/how-to-get-levra-on-line.php for: buy and the: mexico no prescription powders. Purchase PLACE tea http://www.theonlinehelpsite.com/prices-finasteride-tablets-usp-1mg.html Unfortunately conditioner started very http://www.qxccommunications.com/buy-vermox-without-prescription.php and using, dollops mountain west apothecary viagra because be to methotrexate in canada the to everything online pharmacy costa rica shipping. Hair that before http://secondnaturearomatics.com/viagra-and-canada-pharmacy/ tried quality thick but where to buy femara drug when. Gives know stand http://www.theonlinehelpsite.com/buy-perictin-uk.html hair this spread buy dutasteride brown feel moved. Which http://www.eewidget.com/loa/prairie-rx.html you greasy moisturize in 365 pills secondnaturearomatics.com distribute? Curl was viagra north american pharmacy canada eventually works been.
are working on similar issues it would be great to have a collective resource of knowledge on a wide range of topics.
- Education: In addition to a collective body of knowledge, it is important to educate executive leadership as well as the grass roots to move sustainability thinking forward. Would be great to have hospitals go talk to another one or perhaps a speakers bureau.
- Standard measurement tool: Develop standardized tool so hospitals can all report on sustainability in a similar way and compare apples to apples. This would include waste, water, air, toxics, greenhouse gasses, etc. Potential resources include Green Guide for Health Care, Practice Green Health, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Key Green Solutions. Wouldn’t ask for people’s money data, or to fill this in monthly. Something we would do annually.
- Expertise: Identify leaders by subject, based on MD H2E’s menu of programs and promote them as leaders to the health care community.
- Mentors: Develop a mentor/mentee program to match hospitals just starting the sustainability journey with hospitals that have already developed some traction. This can also be subject matter specific. For example identify leaders in LEED and renovations so they can be guides to others. Use the resources of MHA for distribution.
About the HCSLC
Sustainability leadership is about critical and forward thinking, piloting new ideas, modeling behaviors, and setting examples for others to follow. Here is what we expect to be part of the pioneering work of the HCSLC:
The HCSLC will provide guidance and advice to sustainability professionals working in Maryland.
The HCSLC will advise MD H2E on topics and endeavors to continue creating value to Maryland’s health care community.
The HCSLC will chart the course for statewide collaborative sustainability efforts.
The HCSLC will provide insights to creating a more vigorous marketplace.
This is an opportunity to work and learn from peers, create and participate in statewide campaigns and collaborative efforts, develop measurable statewide health care environmental goals, and leverage the commonalities among and between health care facilities to generate reduced costs and improved environmental and health outcomes!