MD H2E is now accepting applications for the second annual Nursing Leadership in Environmental Health Award.
The MD H2E Nursing Leadership in Environmental Health Award is given annually to a nurse in Maryland who displays leadership and exemplifies excellence in environmental health and sustainability in healthcare. Individuals may be nominated by colleagues, or may self-nominate. Applications should be limited to three pages, double spaced. An additional three attachments may be submitted. While selection criteria listed will be used in the evaluation process, an individual does not need to provide examples of each criterion, if an area is not applicable. Please include the names and contact information for two professional references at the end of the application.
MD H2E Nursing Leadership in Environmental Health Award Application deadline is September 7th, 2012. The winner will be notified by October 1st.
The MD H2E Nursing Leadership in Environmental Health Award review committee will evaluate nominees based on the following criteria:
1. Leadership: Proven leadership in projects which promote sustainability and reduce exposures to toxins in health care settings.
2. Organizational influence: Effective facilitation of changes in organizational policies that protect and promote environmental health.
3. Dissemination of knowledge: Broad dissemination of knowledge about best practices in environmental health nursing, through the authoring of articles, publications, or presentations.
4. Mentoring: Active mentoring and being available as a resource to other nurses who are beginning to make environmentally preferable changes in their institutions.
5. Interdisciplinary collaboration: Promotion of interdisciplinary
collaboration on sustainable initiatives within healthcare.
The winner will be expected to attend and participate in the Trailblazer Educational event, to take place in spring 2013, and to possibly assist in writing a case study about the winner’s environmental initiatives.
Please submit completed application to email@example.com.