MD H2E’s Annual Conference
Environmental Excellence in Health Care:
Call for Abstracts
Maryland Hospitals for a Healthy Environment (MD H2E) is accepting abstracts on environmental programs developed, implemented, and tracked at health care facilities across the region. Abstracts showing measurable results and subsequent presentations that facilitate discussion are of particular interest. Selected abstracts will be presented November 10, 2011 at the Environmental Excellence in Health Care Conference at the University of Maryland School of Nursing in Baltimore, Md.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Measuring Success.” Therefore, appropriate abstracts will share methods of measuring and the results of environmental programs put in place at the facility or system level.
How is your facility tracking the results of sustainability initiatives? MD H2E welcomes product and service providers to partner with hospitals for case study presentations.
Measurements can be qualitative or quantitative. Examples include, but are not limited to, programs that measure:
- Building Design and Construction
- Carbon Footprint Reductions
- Chemical Usage Reductions
- Community Benefits
- Cost Savings
- Employee Engagement and/or Satisfaction
- Energy Conservation
- Patient Exposure Reductions
- Patient Satisfaction
- Sustainable Food Purchases and/or Practices
- Waste Reductions
- Water Conservation
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- Include the author(s) name(s), credentials, title, organization, work phone number, cell phone number, mailing address, and e-mail address. Presentation at the conference is limited to two authors only. Both authors must provide the listed information.
Deadline for submission
Friday, July 29, 2011. Early submission is encouraged.
First authors only will be notified by August 19, 2011.
First authors of accepted abstracts will be granted free registration to the full conference.
Submit abstract as an e-mail attachment to:
email@example.com Attention: Joan Plisko